Combining EE solutions for improved business results
Automotive suppliers can find it hard to keep pace with the car industry’s variability. Cost effectiveness is one of the main competitive advantages an automotive supplier can have and saving on energy cost is a very smart starting point.
Cutting energy waste has helped one company in the sector to manage costs as production varies during fluctuations in the car market. When customer demand shifts, the company can more easily stabilize expenses due to lower annual operating costs—thanks to using less energy.
How was this achieved?
The company carried out a small energy audit to pinpoint energy wasters with easy solution. As a results the company:
- installed energy-efficient interior lighting – switching to LEDs
- installed occupancy sensors to ensure that lighting was only provided on demand
- upgraded its compressed air system
- upgraded its HVAC control system
- replaced its injection molding press equipment